Replacing fire suppression sprinkler heads...

Users who are viewing this thread

tista

Reaction score
I need to replace 15 sprinkler heads in a four story building with exposed sprinkler piping due to careless painting by the idiot who previously owned the house. I have a general idea of how to do this, but would appreciate hearing some pro advice on properly draining the system before I replace the heads.

Thanks in advance.

chris

tista

Reaction score
It is a wet system...

It is a wet system with a drain valve right before it heads up and out of the basement. It also has a breather valve on the top/end of the system. I really need to know which valve to turn off - the main supply to the system or just the last large valve prior to the drain valve.

thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heads

Can you even buy the heads? Many companies will only sell them to licensed fire protection contractors because of the possibility that you will use the wrong temperature range or coverage head.

tista

Reaction score
The heads are readily available...

at any hardware or plumbing supply shop. I checked the rating on-line at my city's gov pages and because these systems are really only put up to keep the stairwells (evacuation routes) fire-free for life saving purposes. There are no heads in the main rooms of the entire brownstone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks