Don't know where else to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Asktom

Reaction score
Unscrew the adapter, have you tried? You won't find the adapter you are after, you are looking for an adapter to get you back to where you would be if you unscrewed the adapter youi already have. There is no call for such an adapter so nobody makes it. Grab the fattest chrome part with a pair of pliers, grab the male threads on the end with another pair of pliers and turn them counter-clockwise. As soon as it starts to turn you can undo it by hand.

Mishtay

Reaction score
As far as I can see it is one piece. It spins a full 360 at the bottom of the attachment, but that also does not come off

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
This should help...

adapter.jpg

Mishtay

Reaction score
You are a genius!! I was 100% sure it was all one piece turns out I was 100% wrong!! I got the adapter off and it now fits my faucet!

I cannot thank you enough!! All of you!!

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If you are speaking to me there, I was actually one of the last to catch on...but you are most welcome, and my wife enjoyed this story of a half-dozen plumbers and others all standing around you trying to get that thing working for you!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
DO NOT cut anything off, or you will create a situation which will be impossible to solve.The fact that the big piece is knurled and the chrome piece is ridged, DOES imply that they might come apart.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The fact that the big piece is knurled and the chrome piece is ridged, DOES imply that they come apart.
That was an obvious clue to most of us that reinforced that point and made even more obvious to the OP when @leejosepho persisted as he did. People, for the most part tend to take away from a forum, that which reinforces their current thinking. Personally, I don't usually have the perseverance to follow through with that much effort to convince a closed mind unless my assertion is challenged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks