(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't know where else to go

Have you tried to unscrew the threaded section from the knurled section yet? To do so you may need two pair of pliers.

Don't cut the hose or buy a new faucet. Neither will help. Do what Smooky says above.

I find it hard to believe the manufacturer and hardware stores can't help you.

I do this all the time. Here is one of a gazillion adapters available just about anywhere here, including grocery stores.Name:  41TBzPR6LuL._SX300_.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  10.3 KB

Note, it can accomodate inside or outside threads on a faucet and likewise for what is being attached.

Too bad we are not closer together as I would have had you up and running by the second post of this thread!

It could be that I was not asking for the right pieces when I went to the store. I did buy a whack of adapters the last time I popped into Home Hardware. Anything I could find that had a double inside threading. Nothing I bought that day fit the end of this thing.

If the stupid packages could have been opened to see if it fit the end, I would have saved about $25 and a trip to return them!

Lol I refuse to believe I will not be able to use this carpet cleaner!! There HAS to be something!!

What type of coupling would that be called? This looks like exactly what I will need!!

Unscrew the adapter, have you tried? You won't find the adapter you are after, you are looking for an adapter to get you back to where you would be if you unscrewed the adapter youi already have. There is no call for such an adapter so nobody makes it. Grab the fattest chrome part with a pair of pliers, grab the male threads on the end with another pair of pliers and turn them counter-clockwise. As soon as it starts to turn you can undo it by hand.

As far as I can see it is one piece. It spins a full 360 at the bottom of the attachment, but that also does not come off

Tom has a valid point.

But if you can't dis-assemble it, an adapter on an adapter is not unusual, especially in plumbing.

Here is a link at Amazon US for you to peruse and help familiarize yourself with various adapters.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...thread+adapter

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

This should help...

Name:  adapter.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  47.0 KB
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

You are a genius!! I was 100% sure it was all one piece turns out I was 100% wrong!! I got the adapter off and it now fits my faucet!

I cannot thank you enough!! All of you!!

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

If you are speaking to me there, I was actually one of the last to catch on...but you are most welcome, and my wife enjoyed this story of a half-dozen plumbers and others all standing around you trying to get that thing working for you!
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

DO NOT cut anything off, or you will create a situation which will be impossible to solve.The fact that the big piece is knurled and the chrome piece is ridged, DOES imply that they might come apart.
    Last edited by hj; 07-24-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

DIYer, not in the trades LLigetfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    The fact that the big piece is knurled and the chrome piece is ridged, DOES imply that they come apart.
    That was an obvious clue to most of us that reinforced that point and made even more obvious to the OP when @leejosepho persisted as he did. People, for the most part tend to take away from a forum, that which reinforces their current thinking. Personally, I don't usually have the perseverance to follow through with that much effort to convince a closed mind unless my assertion is challenged.