(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: In need of plumbers help

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member luilocolombia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    New Jersey

    Default In need of plumbers help

    Can someone help me. I am trying to open a wellness club; the only things that are going to be serve are shakes. My brother did the pluming himself and got a plumbing license. When he was done, the pluming inspector checked and request something's to be change, so my bother did the changes. The inspector when a second time and also gave my brother a hard time. He requested more changes, so my brother did what he request. The inspector went a third time and did the something to my brother. After my brother did all the changes the inspector requested, the fourth time the inspector, told my bother he was using the wrong sizes of pipes and all the pipes had to be change. Why didn't the inspector told my brother he was using the wrong kind of pipes since the first day he inspected? My brother is using 1 1/2in pipes and the inspector is requesting 2in pipes. The only things we are washing in the club are our hands and the blenders. Can someone tell me if the inspector is being fair or his just playing with us?

  2. #2
    In the Trades Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010


    Without knowing exactly what pipes you are talking about and what they serve, I haveno clue but I seriously doubt the inspector is screwing with you.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

  3. #3
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona


    Most underground pipes have to be at least 2". Inspectors will do that. They will look at a couple of things and reject them, then look further the next time and find other items, and then repeat it. It usually happens to DIYers because professionals either do not have any problems, or only a few. HOWEVER, when he got his permit, he should have had a drawing showing what he was going to do and the pipe sizes.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

  4. #4
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    Many inspectors feel their job is not to teach, but to approve or disapprove.
    Commercial kitchens are much more restrictive then a residential bathroom.
    Even a kitchen sink in a home requires 2" pipe.

    A commercial "Plumbing" license, that's right, there is a "B" in the work plumbing; requires one more year than a residential license, and a seperate test. Since the plumbing affects more end users, it's even more important that it's done right.

    How about posting a picture of what you brother is attempting?

Similar Threads

  1. What most plumbers won't tell you.
    By Terry in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
  2. Is there a plumbers dye?
    By DIYourselfer in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
  3. For Plumbers:
    By organic_smallhome in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
  4. Danco Plumbers Waterproof Grease vs Danco Plumbers Silicone Grease
    By RochNY in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM
  5. For plumbers ,please
    By toolaholic in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 09:31 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts