no house water

Users who are viewing this thread

sj

Reaction score
last friday i lost water pressure in my house. what i know so far is diaphram pressure tank is empty (no water) and pressure gauge reads 30psi. square D pressure switch contacts are in closed position which i think this means the pump should be on. i have to guess that my pump is no longer working but i am looking for advice?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
last friday i lost water pressure in my house. what i know so far is diaphram pressure tank is empty (no water) and pressure gauge reads 30psi. square D pressure switch contacts are in closed position which i think this means the pump should be on. i have to guess that my pump is no longer working but i am looking for advice?

Check the breaker, and debris in the switch contacts.

What kind of Pump do you have ?

Be careful playing with electricity, but have fun doing it.

sj

Reaction score
breakers are fine. i don't see any debris in switch contacts. i have a franklin control box for 1/2HP pump which is probably also a franklin. i don't know where my well head is? not sure i want to diy this problem but willing to try easy stuff.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
i don't know where my well head is?

Wow, just wow. How can you take for granted something so essential? I don't think buried wellheads are legal anymore so be prepared to incur some cost to bring it up to code.

Anyway... since you are dealing with a Franklin product, their AIM Manual would be a good start.
http://www.franklin-electric.com/aim-manual.aspx

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
breakers are fine. i don't see any debris in switch contacts. i have a franklin control box for 1/2HP pump which is probably also a franklin. i don't know where my well head is? not sure i want to diy this problem but willing to try easy stuff.

I guess you have a three wire pump ?

I would start by checking any caps in the box, if you have a way too do that. (some bulge or leak)

If You are not sure if it is DIY then don't try it.

Sometimes a pro is needed. It may cost a buck fifty.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
LL, you would be surprised at how many wells are still buried in pits, and how many people don't know where they are

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Around here we have to live by the Boy Scouts motto. I would love to be able to just pick up a phone and have an expert come out. Murphy's law states that things will go wrong when we are least able to deal with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks