Can't locate replacement shower diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Blindbatts

Reaction score
Recently had a running tub in guest shower of my older home (`60's). I purchased a 3 handle rebuild kit that came with 3 valves, new seats, trim plates, sleeve covers and new knobs. Everything went in great except the diverter valve from the kit doesn't thread in and nothing at 2 local stores looks compatible (tried ace hardware & home depot). Additionally the old valve leaks a bit as water comes out of the tub spout when using the shower, and when I was taking it apart the knob was seized onto the splined end so I had to break the splined end off to remove the knob, so now I'm really stuck!

I found a link on here to a shop in NY arpny.com that has an online catalog of valves. I believe I have ID'd the valve as an Arrowhead Brass ARR5003 but I can't seem to find anywhere online to purchase this, and the arrowhead brass website I found doesn't even list diverter valves.

Can anyone help? :)

Here's a picture of the old valve vs the one from the catalog for comparison - note the splined end I had to break off to remove the old knob.

blindbats-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
To me, it looks EXACTLY like a Price Pfister diverter stem. However, it comes in two versions. One with the thread where yours is, "Beaux art style, and the other with the threads just under the "flange", "contempera/verve" style. If it is, call 1-800-PFAUCET and get an address where you can send the picuture and they will be able to send the correct one.

Last edited:

Asktom

Reaction score
It looks like Price Pfister to me also, but "Beaux Art" not "Verve". "Verve" would not have the chrome plating and the threads on the bottom of the gland would be located differently. The "Beaux Art" is just over 5" tall while the "Verve" is a little over 5 1/2". The stem in your second picture looks correct to me.

Blindbatts

Reaction score
I think the beaux art is the key, do you think this valve would work as a replacement?

LASCO S-1011-4 Tub and Shower Diverter Stem for Price Pfister 6104

Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
HJ, usually you are correct, but not this time. I do have a PP breakdown and I am looking at it now. 910-052 is the number.

Asktom

Reaction score
I'm guessing more than 40. If the washer was chewed up you should also change the seat, Lasco X-23.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks