Cast Iron Flange - Gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

dlsteinberg

Reaction score
Last night I pull the 40 year-old toilet out of the powder room only to discover that the flange is gone. The pipe is cast-iron coming through a slab. It looks as if someone busted the flange off completely and tried to compensate with one of those horn-equipped wax rings and anchors straight into the slab. Now the orginial tile was thin (like vinyl) but I am replacing it with ceramic tile. Do I have any options that don't involve busting concrete?

David
(Tired of busting concrete)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
dlsteinberg said:
Last night I pull the 40 year-old toilet out of the powder room only to discover that the flange is gone. The pipe is cast-iron coming through a slab. It looks as if someone busted the flange off completely and tried to compensate with one of those horn-equipped wax rings and anchors straight into the slab. Now the orginial tile was thin (like vinyl) but I am replacing it with ceramic tile. Do I have any options that don't involve busting concrete?

David
(Tired of busting concrete)

Yes, they make a PVC flange that will go into the CI pipe and then you will drill into the concrete to anchor it to the floor. Check the big box store L***s.

It has a rubber seal on the outside of the flange pipe that seals to the inside of the CI pipe.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
flange

I still prefer to lead on a cast iron flange.

No pvc for me, but if you believe that will be easier go right ahead.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks