Flex Heads?

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I'am trying to understand why there are so many softener heads for different types of exchange resins.I have a flex5600econimizer. that we are using with Ionac c-249 for a soluble manganese 0.236mg/l which isn't working,so I was thinking on using Filox or Pyrolox or Greensand? but from what we are reading,they have all have diff.set-ups(heads) Filox-r calls for a flex-2700 for a 10in x 54' tank and so-on!!But a also have a bran new flex-7000 not the s.l.x. model,(just filter head).
Can I use either one?Anyways we need to save water(slow-well).What is best approach?
How about Greensand with potassium permanganate will this use the least amount of water?
My set-up now<well=softener=cistern=bladder=house. so softener regenerates oxidized cistern-water(not-soluble) if you can understand?kind of wanting it this way? Thanks to all who reply

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Fleck, Clack, Autotrol all make different heads for different applications and marketing purposes.

The 5600 will not work with Filox or Pyrolox. It can only handle approximately 7 GPM backash rate.

If you have a 7000, it can easily handle Pyolox but do you have enough water to properly backwash it? Pyrolox and filox are typically backwashed at 12 GPM on a 10" diameter tank for 5 minutes every few days.
If you have a cistern, you may have some better options. What size pump do you have feeding the house? How many GPM? Can you install the water treatment after the cistern?

And, it is Fleck, not Flex. From the name Fleckenstein. Here is a nice article on Andy Fleckenstein. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/49559287.html

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Thank-you Dittohead, Pump feeding House is (well half-horse) Pump feeding softener is jet-pump half-horse that is coming out cistern! then into 60gal bladder tank with 1in lines,anyways what about a greensand and KMn04 with a small air-aertion pre seeding this 5600 FLECK softener+ cistern,just want it clean! if nothing else yes I can install after dirty tank.
I was told potassium P. need HOLDING Time?How long?
What kind of PSI or MAWP will a 10'' diameter tank hold? with a aerator? THANK-YOU so much.

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Greensand??

Thank-you Dittohead, Pump feeding House is (well half-horse) Pump feeding softener is jet-pump half-horse that is coming out cistern! then into 60gal bladder tank with 1in lines,anyways what about a greensand and KMn04 with a small air-aertion pre seeding this 5600 FLECK softener+ cistern,just want it clean! if nothing else yes I can install after dirty tank.
I was told potassium P. need HOLDING Time?How long?
What kind of PSI or MAWP will a 10'' diameter tank hold? with a aerator? THANK-YOU so much.

ditttohead

Reaction score
What kind of budget do you have for your water treatment?

I am not much of a fan of PotPerm.

What flow rate do you have available?

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
The budget isn"t a big deal? Ain't sure flow rate again half-horse in well that is on a timer that runs about 2mins ON THE HOUR,so i might get what 10gals each hour?The jet pump can/or will produce 60gals each time bladder calls for(60gal tank) This cistern will hold 400gals does this help? AGAIN Thank-you Sir.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Some ideas come to mind.

A lot of companies use ozone in the cistern. If your cistern is modern and can handle it, you may want to consider that idea. Otherwise the simplest design is a Chemilizer water driven chemical injection pump or chlorine tablet chlorinator, contact tank, backwashing GAC system. These can be done for under 2000 and are a simple and proven design to work most every time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks