Any idea where I can find this stem?

Users who are viewing this thread

joe979xx

Reaction score
See the attached photo. The stem is about two inches long. It's part of a bathroom faucet. There is no name on the faucet. The local suppliers had ones that were close but none that were exact.

All the faucets in the bathroom look to be a similar make. They have UPC stamped on them, although this one does not.

BTW, here is my shower faucet and I have same leak problem as named in the post:
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?21167-Need-help-with-shower-valve-cartridge-replacement

Thanks,
Joe in Staten Island

Attachments

• stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

joe979xx

Reaction score
See other photo below of whole faucet.20130720_132344.jpg

Last edited:

joe979xx

Reaction score
I'm gonna call this place: http://www.arpny.com/ They are highly recommended.

How do describe the stem?

Just in case, are there any "MEGA" plumbing parts stores in NJ that are is close to Staten Island?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Last edited:

Asktom

Reaction score
Talking won't do it. Tell them how long the cartridge is and how many splines there are on the broach where the handle goes on but also send them a picture of your ceramic disc cartridge next to a ruler.

joe979xx

Reaction score
20130721_143308.jpg

It has about 24 splines.

It's for the hot water.

To open it -- it's about a half turn, counter clockwise.

It closes clockwise.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks