Brine tube vibrating wicked

Users who are viewing this thread

theboneman21

Reaction score
IMG-20130530-00267.jpg

HI all

Ok so I have a 2 cyilnder system. The middle cylinder has the white tube attached to the salt tank.

This morning I heard a wicked racket during the regen. I opened the closet and looked and the white tube was vibrating to the point where it was flapping against the wall and the tank. We are talking visible as though someone was holding it and shaking it. It was at thr tail end of the regen cycle, with about 1 minutes to go.

Culligan Mark 89

Any thoughts ?

On a side note, we are two adults and a 10 month old baby. It is set to regen every second day with 10 pounds. Is that too much salt/too often to regen ?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
In the bottom of the brine tank there is a float that is supposed to close when the brine gets all sucked out. If it doesn't close, it will suck in air which causes the line to shake as you describe.

theboneman21

Reaction score
In the bottom of the brine tank there is a float that is supposed to close when the brine gets all sucked out. If it doesn't close, it will suck in air which causes the line to shake as you describe.

Ok

how do I "check it' ?

What I mean is, how can I tell if it is staying open or not, aside from the vibrating ? Should I be looking for an obstruction of some sort somewhere is the float tube ? Or might it just be time to replace the float ?

I wonder too - the float assembly is locked onto the white tube with a 90 degree elbow compression fitting. On occasion it would come loose and disconnect which would result in the brine tank filling with water.

I reattached it and used electrical tape to wrap around where the compression fittings attaches to the tube. Might that be a problem ? I cannot imagine how, but maybe ?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I'm not a Culligan Man so don't have first hand experience with that particular model but suspect they use the same principal. Remove the pickup float assembly and clean it. You can test how well it works by immersing it in shallow water, then raising and lowering it while sucking on the end of the tube.

theboneman21

Reaction score
I'm not a Culligan Man so don't have first hand experience with that particular model but suspect they use the same principal. Remove the pickup float assembly and clean it. You can test how well it works by immersing it in shallow water, then raising and lowering it while sucking on the end of the tube.

How do I clean it? just warm soapy water or use some rubbing alcohol ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks