(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Faucet advice

Default Faucet advice

I need some advice on faucets/fixtures for the bathroom sink and tub. The entire bathroom is getting remodeled, and I've selected a sink with a single hole. I've noticed that some faucets are rated as low lead compliant, and I was surprised at how many of the Grohe faucets are not. I was initially steered towards Grohe b/c I was told they are the best. I'm looking to spend between $100 - $200 on the sink faucet, and will get the matching set for the tub/shower. I've also been looking at American Standard and noticed so far all of the ones I've looked at say low lead compliant. Recommendations for any and all brands are welcome. I've been advised to buy one with a ceramic cartridge. Thanks.

It would have to be a very "cheap faucet" to NOT have a ceramic cartridge these days. "Low lead" is a "politically correct" feature and probably has no real meaning in the real world, at least until that is the only thing you can get starting in January.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber