(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Glass for custom shower?

Default Glass for custom shower?

I am putting a 30" x 60" mud/tile shower in my basement. Where can I get glass / glass door for the shower (not the cheap aluminum rail lowes type stuff).

I'm hoping for something frameless similar to the Kohler shower door below but with a wider fixed glass panel with the total glass/door width being 50-56"

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=12

Thanks!
    Last edited by fiasco; 01-30-2006 at 02:22 AM.

Default door

There should be several shower door companies in your phone book that have any number of frame, and frameless, shower doors. Either by-pass or panels with a swinging door. The glass has to be tempered so anything you use has to be a manufactured item, not DIY.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

www.wilsonglass.com is often recommended on the www.johnbridge.com DIY'er tile site (good place to check out for tiling!). Big glass panels are not for the feint of heart, a small slip means a pile of glass, but it is doable if you're careful.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

What jad said. Call a custom glass place. Oftentimes they also do commercial and automotive glazing, look in those categories. Just a guess but I would plan on $1000-$1500 and about 5 weeks lead time for what you are looking for.

Kohler offers a sliding style (bypass, not pivot) door in the size you are looking for. Just an idea.