Plumbing Multiple Heads, some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

terpjr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am installing a new master bath in my house and I have a couple of shower questions that I can not find consistent answers to online.

I am planning on 3 heads...a normal shower head, an overhead "rain" head and a hand held wand mounted on a side wall.

I have a delta r10000 universal valve and a delta r11000 3/6 rough diverter.

I understand that the mixer feeds theee diverter, and that the diverter can then feed three heads. The diverter can be used with a 3 setting or a 6 setting selector trim, the cartridge comes with the trim. We would go with the 6 setting which will allow any head to be used individually or any 2 used together.

The pieces came with 1/2" inlets, is this adequate? should i try to find a company that has 3/4". We are not using body sprays.

Do I need a pressure balancing loop in this situation? If so, does anyone have a diagram of this?

I am not new to installing showers...but have never done multiple heads.

Has anyone worked with these Delta models before? any hints/tricks?

Thanks.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I would think that the divetor will adjust the pressure evenly and that you should go with the any two option. With no body jets 1/2" lines is fine I'm sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks