Realplayer Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

tregg

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with my Realplayer downloads? On Youtube the download button pops up. I click on it and the downloader opens and the bar showing download in progress starts. It finishes but the icon you click on to show the video only has a grey arrow thing on it-unlike when it's successful the icon shows a picture of the video that has recorded. Sometimes it works but usually not. I've been using Realdownloader for a long time but now lots of problems. I've uninstalled it many times by the usual process as well as going also to C: program files common files etc and deleted those also. No success. There are some posts about Youtube blocking downloads but I'm not so sure about this because it does work sometimes. I've restored my computer to an earlier time and nothing their either. My laptop is showing the same problems with Realdownloader.

tregg

Reaction score
I don't know RealPlayer but other downloaders I've used in the past always seem to stop working and have to wonder if it is a cat-and-mouse game. I've since switched to using FireFox and the following add-on:
http://www.clickvideodownload.com/

It has not let me down yet.
I tried this and it went nowhere, had to uninstall it. Firefox IMO is junk also. Other FF add ons claiming to be the latest thing say they are not compatible with the current FF. WTF! severalinks on FF just send you in circles also. I wasted hours messing with it.

TeXan

Reaction score
Do not use realplayer The download comes with lots of spyware nomatter where you get it Most new players are spyware free and can play most videos and streaming. Do not download the "free Codec" either even more spyware that you may not be able to remove.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks