(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: kenmore softner water from drain keeps flowing

Default kenmore softner water from drain keeps flowing

The Kenmore water softener model 625383760 the water flows from drain and will not stop unless I force the regeneration cycle to close the valve. Once this is done the machine works for a few days and then the same drain problem occurs. As the rotor turns and the wire connections are okay the technician at Sears seems to think the electronic panel is the problem. Since this part cost about $200 I was thinking it is not really worth it. Since the unit is only 3 years old I was writing to ask if anyone else had any opinions on what the problem could be with this unit.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Landfill material. Sorry to say, but only Sears will touch the unit, most softener technicians wont.

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfhjr View Post
    The Kenmore water softener model 625383760 the water flows from drain and will not stop unless I force the regeneration cycle to close the valve. Once this is done the machine works for a few days and then the same drain problem occurs. As the rotor turns and the wire connections are okay the technician at Sears seems to think the electronic panel is the problem. Since this part cost about $200 I was thinking it is not really worth it. Since the unit is only 3 years old I was writing to ask if anyone else had any opinions on what the problem could be with this unit.
    I believe the stem on the rotor is twisted cause by the rotor seal. Replacing both will solve the problem of the time being then the same thing will happen with the new parts. I agree with Dittohead, landfill material.

Thank you for the feedback. What is unusual with this unit is after I force the regeneration cycle it may work for 3 days and then the same problem occurs where it gets stuck in the drain mode. Sometimes I get an Err 4 code but usually if I unplug the unit to reset it goes away.