JOB: Master Plumber needed for a day of consulting work ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
George, I note you are in the UK where perhaps things like this are done differently, but here one would hire a plumbing contractor to work on site where all conditions could be seen and taken into consideration. I seriously doubt that what you want could be done from an easy chair at home, and it will cost considerable more than minimum laborer wage.

Reaction score
Website
www.captive-media.co.uk
Gary, we have a document that will gives all the dimensions and conditions that you would need to be aware of.

We have a couple of installations in the US at present. We are coming across a common issue due to most urinals in America having substantial pipework where our units would sit. We need advice on how this pipework could be adjusted to fit into spare space in the back of our units.

Gary and hj, you have both implied that it would cost more than we have previously stated. What would be a more typical cost for a small project like this?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We run our vents at 6" above the flood level. So pretty much 42" off the floor.
That may be at about the level of your screens.
There is a possiblity of running water lines near that height too, and since we upsize for Urinals, the pipe can be large.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
One condition, in this area at least, is that the inspectors want the urinal to drain DIRECTLY into the vertical pipe which means the vent is almost always centered on the urinal and is close to the face of the wall.

Reaction score
Website
www.captive-media.co.uk
Yes, the our units sit just over 43" from the ground.

Terry, did you see my email with the specific details of the brief? If so, did you have any thoughts?

This is something we need done really urgently - how much do you think an initial piece of consulting work like this may cost? I realise now that we came in with a figure that was too low.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks