(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cycle stop valve problem

Boy, are you asking the wrong person! I turned the boring game off when the spread reached 28 points and took a nap! Realized I totally missed one of the greatest comebacks ever when I woke up and caught the last 30 seconds of the game.

I went on a service call and got back at 1/2 time....thought for sure Indy was done for. Reminded me of the Bills game when Frank Reich brought them back from a zillion points down

I looked up Floodmaster, and even though I have never heard of them, I just about guessed as to what they were about, including the wireless sensors. My cheapo system of placing battery operated sensor alarms all over the place is equivalent to their low end system without the shutoff solenoid valve. If one wanted to go full boat with their deluxe systems and place valves all over the place then the costs could rise to well over $1000 (see ZORO tools).

Some of the stuff they have out there just does not make much sense to me like a system to protect one's AC condensate over flow. Yes, that happened to me, so I rapped the condensate tank and pump with a broom stick to get it going, and when done I cleaned up the quart of spilled water on the floor, and the tank. There was less damage done than if my wife dropped a quart of milk.

I guess it probably matters to the particular individual as to just what a flood disaster really is. In my case, I have a walk out basement, with ceramic tiles on concrete, or just concrete in the utility room. The ceramic tile is more or less immune to water damage and who cares about the one or two small carpet mats for the dog to sleep on. I do not have finished wood flooring and the basement floor is sloped about two inches for its entire run toward the cove I am on.

For me, flood damage would be when Sandy went by as I was scared to beat all hell thinking the whole Atlantic Ocean would come flowing in. The water came up, but never even came close to touching me; yet other coves on both sides of me had massive flooding and the Stonington Commercial dock was underwater. Probably the Amtrak overpass which acted as a giant SCV, slowed the water flowing into the cove such that only the very low lying homes had damage.

I like Floodmaster's idea of wireless remote sensors, but wish the cut off would be a much simpler whole house shut off by simply having a relay to open that would curtail power to the well pump. Perhaps I have fifty or so gallons of water in my lines and water tank, which could flow out onto whatever, but to me that is a mess, not a catastrophe.

Going shopping and finding when I got back a couple of hours later, my well’s pump put 1000 gallons of water into my home is something else again. I know my silly dug well could do that even though it could also run dry it times of drought. When putting it in we had to lower the water level so we could set the well tiles in place. Using one of those massive gasoline driven pumps (I think it was diaphragm pump with a 4 or 6" hose) we pumped enough water out such that our road under water.

I am somewhat surprised though, that somebody had not come up with my suggestion which would be less costly, simpler, far easier to install, and probably would be acceptable even in California because nothing would come in contact with your potable water supply, as least when the water is in your pipes.
    Last edited by Scup; 01-04-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scup View Post
    I like Floodmaster's idea of wireless remote sensors, but wish the cut off would be a much simpler whole house shut off by simply having a relay to open that would curtail power to the well pump. Perhaps I have fifty or so gallons of water in my lines and water tank, which could flow out onto whatever, but to me that is a mess, not a catastrophe.
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...-Leak-Defender discusses a wired system. I expect is is expensive, since I cannot see a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach4 View Post
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...-Leak-Defender discusses a wired system. I expect is is expensive, since I cannot see a price.

Not sure how that one went. Website still in work ? Contact for price.

If you need to ask the price, then you can not afford it, and most likely do not need it.

Have Fun.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

"If you need to ask the price, then you can not afford it, and most likely do not need it."

There never was a truer quote!