can't get snake through floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

drowning in terds

Reaction score
I have been trying for hours to get a snake through my floor drain as it is backing up with raw sewage. i only have a 25 ft. 1/4 in. snake. i cant afford to get a pro in to fix it. can anyone please help

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to snake through a clean out. A clean out has a solid cover and looks like a floor drain.

drowning in terds

Reaction score
i still cant get it to go more then 5 ft. ive tryed every other drain in the floor and having no luck. i dont know what to do? is there some kind of trap in there because it seems like its getting stuck on something?.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The floor drain is NOT a cleanout. There can be many reasons why you cannot snake through a floor drain. Concrete in the pipe, a poor installation where your snake is crossing over and going into another floor drain, are two possibilities.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks