Trouble Shooting not sure what to do next, where to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

dkrisp

Reaction score
well i give up my IT guy says it have to do with the security and I can not upload it.

So what do you recommend should I unscrew the galvinized pipe from the pit less and check it before I pull it up?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Yes, unscrew and inspect it.

Normally the pull pipe would be longer so that it stands proud of the top. This is so you can screw handles into the Tee. The handles act as a safety to keep you from dropping the works down the hole.
welltee-29705-xl.jpg

dkrisp

Reaction score
I wish I could post this picture: it actually is more of a wing nut with the pipe going through the center and the pipe end that is inline with the top of the down pipe, and it is tapped female.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I think you should try harder to post a picture. It (the wingnut) could be holding things in place and the wrong move could have everything plummet down the well.

At the very least, try to google for a pic that looks like what you have.

dkrisp

Reaction score
Well Gents the mystery is solved. I found the name of the original installer called him and after telling him my issues he came out and has already pulled the pipe and well. the down pipe was actually all galvanized from the top of the well casing to the pump itself the casing is a 4" steel casing with a 3" pump the bracket at the top is there to take some of the pipe and pump weight off the pitless. When we pulled the pipe it had wholes in several places as well as in the adapter to the pump. the pump itself was worn out he put his gauges on it and only got 40 psi out of it. so wholly pipe, worn out pump. we replaced it with a gunderson (i think thats how you spell it) 1/2 hp 230 v pump and PVC down pipe put it all back together and found that the pressure tank was bad as well he tried several things to reopen the diaphram i guess they can collapse on them selves but that didnt work I put a new one in and all is good no more short cycling we have good water and good pressure.

Thanks for all the help having 2 issues in the same system can really throw you through a loop.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Very nice that you have it going.

Sometimes you need to call a Pro.

Enjoy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks