I can oblige you JW! I am more than happy to start this thread since, I have too little time to play with this problem.
My diningroom fan and light. First it was the chain, too many pulls for its age I reckon. But, I got the chain to still work turning on the light, fan never stopped working. I put 4 new bulbs in, and 2 promptly blew. I am working it by the wall switch but, am cautious regarding a possible short in either the wiring or the fan. Both are old. I called the warranty company so, they are coming out, but, since you need something to do, lol, and I would love to have some feedback so, it is all good.
What do you think Jw? Wiring or fan? Either way it is covered because, as I read your "help" I am bored thread, lol, I was putting together a new fan. Thank you for your time and consideration, Cookie