Water Level in Deep Well?

Users who are viewing this thread

dm4

Reaction score
I had a deep well drilled years ago. I think the driller told me they went down 270 feet to an aquifer. It has a submersible pump. Where I live hurricanes are not uncommon and occasionally we've been without power for days, so I have a generator to power the pump during those times. I've been thinking about what to do if my generator failed and am wondering if I could hook up a manual pump (I think they're called pitcher pumps) to the well in that case. But I know they can't pull water from large depths (I think 30 feet is max). So my questions:

Am I correct to assume that the water level in my well is around 270 feet? Or does the water from an aquifer typically rise in the well to some other level, such as the level of the water table? If the level is too deep for a hand pump, any suggestions on how to manually retrieve water from the well?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks