Is this drawing look somewhat OK

Users who are viewing this thread

music9704

Reaction score
does this plumbing plan look somewhat OK

Scan plumbing.jpg

Hey Guys,
First wanted to say, Thank you, for this site. It has help me more than once.
This house is a 1900's victorian home. The bath is on the 3rd floor. I have pretty much dry fitted the plumbing, but have been a little worried.
Does this look ok. The house has slate shingles, and a steep pitch, so adding venting to the roof is not very easy, not easy at all. The shingles are also hard to find in this color. Thank you for any input
CRM

Last edited:

music9704

Reaction score
DD plumbing.jpg

Thanks HJ.
Here's additions to the picture that might be more helpful. I'm not using old vent lines for drainage.

music9704

Reaction score
Thank you Lee
We are redoing the whole bath. We moved everything. The washer was in the bathroom, we moved it to the adjoining room. I am a little worried about the wash being to close to the bathtub. I don't want to "sud up" the bathtub from the washing machine. On the left side of the vent is a sink base. We are going to put small 30" cabinet with 12" deep sink.
On a side note:
The persons that put the last bathtub in, cut a foot wide hole in three joist; there was only about 1/2" left in the bottom of the joist. I am really not sure how the floor didn't fall thru. We added three new joist.

Attachments

• bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The vents can be tied together at 42" above the floor.
On the West Coast I have tied the washer in using 2", but I believe that the IPC, East Coast requires that the 2" P-trap dump into a 3" for suds control.

music9704

Reaction score
Thank you Terry
I will move the washer drain to the right side of the joist. That will allow it to tie into the 3". I saw this after dry fitting everything. I got worried about it, so I am glad I asked. I would much rather move it now.
Thanks to all, been a great help..

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The washer has to drain into a 3" horizontal stack and cannot serve as a wet vent for the tub nor can the tub use its vent as a wet vent. Both fixtures must be individually vented. As it is now the tub is flat vented unless there is a lav upstream.

music9704

Reaction score
Thank you Tom
I think understand the washer deal, no wet vent use, and drain into 3" line. I have changed the line to now run into the 3" line, to the right side of the joist (pic - right of the hammer). The bathtub is wet vented using the 30" x 12" kitchen sinkbase . I did however run a 2" line, in case someone wants to remove the cabinet, and use a bigger landuary tub. I think that we will never change the tub size, because of the tub venting problem. I really don't see aother way. I really appericate all the help. I would like to get this 100% right before gule up.
Green 3" Main
Blue 2" Washer drain
Pink 2" Vents- joined at least 42" above Floor

Attachments

• bath final.jpg
    bath final.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

music9704

Reaction score
I am running out of clean clothes. I am going to have to do it this way.
Thank you. I will check this once more before glue up. inspection Mon, but I am going to go ahead and use wash.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks