And faucet still drips!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

silversmith

Reaction score
If have a basement "slop sink" with compression faucets mixing to a central spout -- nothing unusual.

It started to drip from the spout, so I changed the hot faucet washer (no spout drip when I shut off hot water input under sink). Still dripped. Then I changed the hot faucet seat. Still drips. This morning, I changed the entire hot faucet stem - AND IT STILL DRIPS!

I don't know what else to do from here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Peter

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Are you sure you installed the correct seat? It could be leaking around the new seat.

John

pp-faucet-seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

silversmith

Reaction score
Stem and seat (sealed together) are the ones they gave me in the hardware store to replace the old one I brought in with me - Pfister brand.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks