Portable dish washer conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

buildumup

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can convert a portable dish washer to work as a build in. I now have a portable (or external) dishwasher and am in the process of remodeling the kitchen. In order to keep cost down I was hoping to use what I already have and build it into the cabinets.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Most manufacturers of portable offer a conversion kit to remove the top and the wheels, and make regular water and drain connections.

Cost wise, you might consider selling the used portable, and putting the money towards a good, quiet, tall tub.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A new one would be best, but you can build a portable in with a few minor modifications. Since you probably couldn't get much for the portable, it might be a good idea to build it in and use it for as long as it was trouble free. When it wears out, just pull it out and slide the new one in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks