Toilet clog question

Users who are viewing this thread

Ricc24

Reaction score
I have a clog somewhere in my toilet I think. In my basement bathroom all the pipes are connected im assuming and basically everytime I flush the toilet or fun water from any faucet in the house all the water ends up flowing into my basement shower.

Ive tried several different ways, poured Pequa down the drains in the shower and toilet, tried unclogging the shower by carefully sliding a straightened hanger down there to see if i could find what the problem was, and worked on each the toilet and shower with the plunger.

So I'm not really sure how to fix the problem, is there something i would be able to try before bringing a plumber in? Thanks in advance.

Attofarad

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you have a clog in your main drain, not the toilet. When I had a similar situation (noticed a shower floor which is in a lower room was dirty, even though I hadn't used it in months), it was my main drain almost obstructed by root infiltration. It took 70 feet of snake/cutter from an outside cleanout to clear it (under the middle of my driveway). Eight years later, repeated. I probably need to get it fixed rather than snake it, but $2k + to have it done, so I'll try snaking a couple more times -- $90 every few years isn't so bad.

I've tried drain chemicals a few times over the years, not one time with any success.

There should be one or more cleanouts that can be snaked. Maybe the obstruction is somewhere easy and close, maybe not. My previous house had a chronic, but easy to snake, shower drain that I had to snake every few years. Bad install/tight turn.

Edit:

You should probably be posting this in the drain cleaning forum.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Depending on where you are in New York, I have a great sewer and drain guy that was recommended to me on this forum. He did a great job of opening some outside drains that two other companies couldn't get open and a contractor said would need to be dug out with a backhoe at a cost of several thousand dollars. (You can see my positive comments on here at the time as well as on Angie's List). MacPlumb, a very respected member of the forum, pointed me in this guy's direction and he did great for us and was fairly-priced, as these things go. We tend to recommend against using anyone with Rooter in their name. (The recommended guy is Dan, the owner of Ranger Sewer in Suffolk County. www.rangersewer.com He came and did us in Nassau even though he is in Suffolk.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks