How to tighten pipe replaced in middle of run

Users who are viewing this thread

greymont

Reaction score
I'm replacing some pipe in my garage that feeds water to the sprinkler system and a garden hose faucet. I bought some galvanized 3/4 inch fittings that I can put together to fit the space. I started with the water feed pipe and inserted a T to branch to the sprinkler connection and also to the faucet pipe as it goes into the wall. The faucet pipe I can rotate to get the threads tight but the sprinkler connection is fixed, as is the water feed at the other end of the assembly.

How do I tighten the pipe connecting to the sprinkler pipe? If I screw it into the final connection it unscrews from the other end!

Is there a special connector to handle this?

Sethamin

Reaction score
You could also use a left-right fitting, where the threads are reversed on one side, but I think those are more typically used in gas lines where unions are not allowed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks