Residential Water Line 1200'

Users who are viewing this thread

bwr0827

Reaction score
I need to install a 1200' service line from the meter for a new home that we are building. Not much, if any, change in elevation in that distance. I have several questions and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
1) Size and type of pipe? I have installed plenty of PEX inside homes but have never done a service line. 3/4", 1", or larger to reduce friction loss? Obviously don't want to spend more for larger pipe for little or no benefit. I don't anticipate rocky soil, but would the cost for smooth gravel, sand, or sleeving be worthwhile to protect the pipe underground?
2) Utility has offered a 5/8" meter. Is there any benefit to requesting a 1" meter? I think that would only help with volume, not pressure?
3) Should I install disconnects every few hundred feet to help locate and repair any future leaks?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Oli Creek makes 2" in 1000' rolls, yep it's gonna be a pain to work with. I would someone who does geo thermal work to fuse on transitions that go from the poly to pipe thread, especially in the trench.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks