Time Out Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

John28

Reaction score
When I replumb my washing machine drains and supplies, I was lookinag putting in a manual Time Out Valve that comes with attached hammer arresters. My supply shut offs are in need of replacing along with the rubber washing machine supply hoses. So decided to put new shut offs, with new Stainlesss supply lines to the washer. The system never had a safety valve, and have considered the Time Out. I realize you can go with an electronic shutoff, but would you reccommend the Time Out, considering, we never had a safety valve to begin with, been lucky so far. Thanks

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I think he's talking about this product:

http://www.timeoutbykeeney.com

It is a manual, spring-driven shut-off valve for washing machine supplies. Saw it on This Old House and looks pretty slick. It's intended to be a quick upgrade for standard one-handle washing machine supply valves.

John28

Reaction score
I think he's talking about this product:

http://www.timeoutbykeeney.com

It is a manual, spring-driven shut-off valve for washing machine supplies. Saw it on This Old House and looks pretty slick. It's intended to be a quick upgrade for standard one-handle washing machine supply valves.

The retrofit model is the quick upgrade, but they do have new installation ones also. As I'd go with the new installation model, being I have old style shut offs, that I'm eliminating anyways. You still have to manually open the valve each time, but shuts off automatically after a selected time up to 2.5 hours. Just don't have to worry about shutting valves off each time, if you'd forget.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks