(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Toto Drake toilet product review

We are needing to replace downstairs and upstairs toilets and are considering the Toto Drake. The downstairs rough in is 12" but the upstairs is only 10". Does Toto have both sizes? Don

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Yes, at least in the Drake...not sure of the Drake II (which is also available - has some nice features). My mother has two Drakes in her house, and especially loves the ADA height on the one she uses most.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Either the Drake CST744EF.10 or the Drake CST744SL.10

I ordered the CST743S , Hope it works. We have older AS and a Kohler here, look mid 1990's 1.6G , they get clogged all the time. Home I moved from I had installed a Crane with the Flushmate 503 , which I loved. Installing a Flushmate again was veto'd , looks like my wife is like your typical client. Was leaning to the Gerber 1.6 FM503, but stopped dead.. Our upstairs bathrooms are very small , hence the round bowl. Do round bowls not flush as well? I have one bathroom I can install an EL

After reading this thread, I bought a Toto Drake (round bowl due to limited space) from a local distributor. It came in two boxes. The toilet bowl is model CST743E#01 and the tank is model CST743S#01. Is this correct? Or should the toilet also be CST743S#01 for a 1.6 GPF to match the tank?

Also, is there a Toto toilet seat that I can buy to match the round toilet? If so, is it comfortable for long duration "thinking"?

Thanks for a great thread,
    HRG
    Last edited by HomeRepairGuy; 12-12-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Default Round Seat

I ordered SS113 http://is.gd/iBZTq

Quote Originally Posted by schipperke View Post
    I ordered SS113 http://is.gd/iBZTq
    Thanks for the link. Is it comfortable for long duratation "thinking"? About how much does one of those puppies go for?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

My doctor told me 3-minutes max...sitting on a toilet seat longer than that and you risk problems...think somewhere else!
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by HomeRepairGuy View Post
    After reading this thread, I bought a Toto Drake (round bowl due to limited space) from a local distributor. It came in two boxes. The toilet bowl is model CST743E#01 and the tank is model CST743S#01. Is this correct? Or should the toilet also be CST743S#01 for a 1.6 GPF to match the tank?
    Hi Terry,

Hope you visit this forum and can shed some light on my question. I want to straighten it out with the seller if the bowl should be exchanged for a CST743S model number.

Thanks,
    HRG

Blog Entries

I haven't seen an S bowl in years. We now carry E bowls and match them with either an S tank or an E tank.
    Maybe I should stop in there next week, just to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I haven't seen an S bowl in years. We now carry E bowls and match them with either an S tank or an E tank. Maybe I should stop in there next week, just to take a look.
    So my S tank on my E bowl is a normal configuration now. Thanks so much for alleviating my worries. Looking forward to any findings if you do stop at your Toto distributor to take a look.

Thanks so much for sharing you wealth of knowledge with all of us,
    HRG

Just got my second Drake toilet today for installation. I liked the first one so much I decided to get another. However this time when I unpackaged the tank it had a differenct looking take design than the first.

The flush fill valve was different (both are stamped GMAX but this one looks different), there was a half circle cutout on the back of the tank at the top (I have no reason why), and the iid does not sit flush on the top of the tank, it overhangs in the front a little.

I am just wondering if there are multiple versions of the Drake tank, because for it to have this many differences is strange to me.

Blog Entries

The half circle helps air to enter the tank during a flush.
    And I've noticed that some of the new tanks have perhaps three different fill valves options.

Thanks

I thought it may be a vent of some kind. I just wanted to make sure it was not a defect of some sort.

Unhappy Splotchy glazing on back of tank / Flapper replacement parts

I just received the Toto Drake II CST454CEFG (Double-Cyclone flush). Unfortunately, it arrived with the lid cracked in two due to shipping damage. Before contacting the seller for a replacement lid, I have a question about the glazing on the back of the tank. The whole center section of the back of the tank is all splotchy instead of smooth. I have attached three photos to illustrate. My question is, is this normal or a manufacturing defect? Since it is in the back, it won't show, but it would be nice to know if I should request a new tank, or just a replacement for the broken lid.

Name:  TankBack3sm.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  42.4 KB
    Name:  TankBack2sm.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  TankBack1sm.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  30.3 KB

I am looking for a good source for replacement parts (planning ahead), particularly the flapper. Lowes has two flappers made by Korky for Toto toilets, one blue, one red. Toto replacement equivalents are listed as THU138S and THU140S, but I don't remember which is which. The red one is listed as a G-Max flapper. The replacement for mine is the THU253S (E-Max) which is red (or bright pink) and has a float attached to the chain above the flapper. Is the G-Max flapper the same as the E-Max flapper without the float, or are there other differences? Any suggestions on a good place to order replacement parts would be appreciated. Thanks.