(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Toto Drake toilet product review

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The higher the water starts from the better.
    That's why historically, the short tanks have never worked well.

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default TOTO Drake CST744S

We bought the home new five years ago.

It came with Mansfield Alto round bowl toilets.
    All three plugged the first day we moved in.
    They plugged often.

Then two years later, my son replaced the downstairs toilet with a Sterling Wyndham 1.6 gallon toilet.
    That was an improvement, but still plugged it occasionally.

The two years ago, that was removed and replace with a Toto Drake toilet.
    The Drake has never plugged.
    I like the fact that we got the elongated bowl, and the softclose seat.
    Not only does it work well, but it's comfortable.
    Sandy L
    Lynnwood WA

Default Toto Drake CST744SG

Hi, I have a question. I bought a TOTO DRAKE CST744SG (1.6 g flush) and am totally in love w it; think that I've only had to clean it twice in over a year, and it was an easy chore. I need another replacement toilet and was going to purchase another CST744SG, however after perusing your web site, I noticed that TOTO now makes another Drake with a 1.28 g flush - ECO DRAKE CST744E. Can you tell me if this lower water usage toilet works as well as the 1.6 g Drake does?
    Many thanks, Rick.

Default CST743E EcoDrake

Thank you for the great job as always!
    Asako
    Sammamish

TOTO Drake CST743E with SS113 softclose seat.

I just replaced two 1991-era "Kilgore" toilets at my mother-in-law's with two Toto Eco Drakes. They are fantastic. Everything about them says "quality". We tried to go the cheapo route and use American Standard Cadets, and the Eco Drake is just miles ahead in terms of performance, looks, and finish. They cost about $100 more each but they are totally worth it. Very easy to install, took about 30 minutes at most with minimal tools. If you can remove the old toilet, you can install this one.

To the person who asked if the 1.28 gallon flush works as well as the 1.6 -- yes it does. Have had zero issues with clogging with this toilet, and it seems like if you keep holding the handle down, it sends more water through, though I don't think it would ever be necessary. There is a lot of force going on with even the 1.28 gallon flush.

If I had a complaint, it would be that at the end of the flush there's a bit of gurgle noise. Not a big deal, purchase with confidence. I personally have Toto Aquia II's and I think they are much nicer to look at, but the Eco Drake is really solid.

Default TOTO Drake

Terry Love -

Thanks again.
    On your recommendation< ACTION PLUMBING ordered a Toto Drake and the results here have been dramatically different from Pro Flow and the other standard toilets we've had...no more Richard Pryor jokes!

Marianne J

Default TOTO Drake CST743S with SS113 softclose seat

Love the Drake, man.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Dan M

Red face

Just had 4 Toto Drake toilets installed replacing some 'builder supplied' Mansfield lo-flo troublemakers. Over the past 3 years these previous toilets have been such trouble and majority of the clogs are empty bowls -- something isn't right in the toilet. Dishwasher soap, toilet bowl cleaner - be gone! The new Toto's are AS-ADVERTISED -- simply a 1st class product. These Toto toilets (Drake model) are international mfg as the bowl was USA, the tank said Mexico, and the toto softclose seat said Canada. they all work together nicely! I'd recommend these and go for the max and replace them all! Now what to do with that plunger....and all of that extra toilet bowl cleaner. Cheers.

I found a guy locally online selling 2 Toto toilets $100 a piece maybe both for $150 used but he says in like new condition
    I asked what model he says Model number is ST743S

Says there beige colored and elongated bowls

This is the picture below

Can some tell me exactly which Drake model this is from that model # and the picture ?

I plan on grabbing these just looking for any advice on what I should look for when i meet the guy to buy them to make sure I"m getting a good deal and not someone else's problems

I'm no toilet master
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

ST743S is the tank number.
    That's a good second hand price.

I assumed that was just the tank # coz when i googled the # tanks just came up

Any way to know what model toilet it is ?

Anything i need to look out for buying a second hand toilet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    ST743S is the tank number.
    That's a good second hand price.

Blog Entries

Good question,
    I don't sell second hand plumbing.

You can check for cracks.
    The tank belongs on a Drake bowl

Anything i need to look out for buying a second hand toilet ?
    Last edited by Terry; 05-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Hi Terry:
    Two months ago I bought a Toto Drake that my contractor picked up and installed in my newly remodeled bathroom. I've been using the bathroom just about a month now and boy ... am I in love with my toilet. I never knew there could be a low-flow toilet that actually works with one flush but this Toto Drake is amazing. Just what all the reviewers on your site said. I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase or happier to have found your site and that you're local. Thanks for a wonderful service!

Cheers,
    Robyne C.

Well never thought i could get excited about a toilet but I was able to grab 2 brand new Drake, CST744S off craigslist $175.00 for them both. They were pulled from a old age home tenant there needed special toilets installed and couldn't use them.

Also confirmed with Toto that they do have the Sana-gloss option
    Toto said If you take your finger, start in the middle of the bowl, and run it up to the lip. If it stays smooth, you have Sanagloss. If it turns rough, you don't.

Both installed and working great

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    I found a guy locally online selling 2 Toto toilets $100 a piece maybe both for $150 used but he says in like new condition
    I asked what model he says Model number is ST743S

Says there beige colored and elongated bowls

This is the picture below

Can some tell me exactly which Drake model this is from that model # and the picture ?

I plan on grabbing these just looking for any advice on what I should look for when i meet the guy to buy them to make sure I"m getting a good deal and not someone else's problems

I'm no toilet master

Hello, I have read all the posts for the Drake toilet and am impressed, however I am wanting to replace an old American Standard 3.5 gpf toilet. The house is 45 years old with cast iron sewer lines. Never had clogging issues in the past. Does anyone have any insight on the Toto CST423SFG? I'm not getting any younger and would like to have a toilet with a higher bowl since I'm over 6 ft. tall. Does anyone have any experience with this model before I pull the trigger on this and order it online(not a dealer within 300 miles of me). I am told that it has the 3" flush valve and G-max features of the drake. If i'm right I don't see any Drake model that has a bowl height more than 14.63". If I'm wrong please correct me on this as it will help me with my decision. Thanks for your input.