(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Toto Drake toilet product review

Default Types of Drake

Hello,

This sight is very informative. I am interested in purchasing a Drake. However, on the TOTO website, there are several types: Bolt down lid, insulated tank and both combinations. Are the bolt down lid and insulated tank suggested?

Also, is the Drake very quiet, as we have a small place and the bathroom is next to the kitchen and bedroom.

Finally, is the Drake II better than the original Drake,

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The bolts down lid would be for something like a gas station to prevent tampering. (I've never sold one) ST743SB

The ST743SD insulated tank is for areas of high humidity and very cold water.
    I sell a few of these in Alaska.

Normally I sell either the ST743S or the ST743E tanks.

The (Gwyneth) Drake II has the double cyclone and Sanagloss with the taller bowl.
    It's a nice setup for someone that wants a taller bowl.

Default thanks

Thank you very much. It appears that the bolt and insulation are not necessary in my area (midwest). I will most likely go with the CST743S or CST744SG. I assume that they are both quiet.

Thanks again.

Best
    Shay

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Hi Terry,
    We love the Toto Drake so far and just wanted to mention that James was great!
    Thanks,
    Joanna & Mike
    Seattle

Default EcoDrake

Our Eco Drake is awesome.
    We are ordering a second one from Terry
    It's everything he said it would be.

P & C Schmidt,
    Issaquah WA

Last edited by Terry; 05-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.

We do love the toilets.

Three of the CST744SG-01 Toto Drake with SS114 softclose seats

M Hurd
    Sammamish WA

Hi Terry,
    I love my new Toto Eco Drake! So far haven't had to use the plunger.

J Humphries,
    Bellevue WA

I purchased an Eco Drake from you over a year ago and it works great.
    J Galow
    Spokane WA

I bought a Toto from you a few years back – works great. 2004

Recently my wife put a Clorox tablet cleaner in the tank and over the period of a week or so disfigured the flapper so much it wouldn’t stop the water. I replaced the flapper and it’s fine, but have you ever heard of that sort of product doing so much damage to a flapper? It felt like sticky, soft candy.

D. Evans
    Seattle WA

Blog Entries

I bought a Toto from you a few years back – works great. 2004

Recently my wife put a Clorox tablet cleaner in the tank and over the period of a week or so disfigured the flapper so much it wouldn’t stop the water.

Clorox and Rubber don't mix well.
    Chlorine will void the warranty for all manufacturers.
    Lowes carries the replacement flappers.
    2004, that was a while ago.

How a Toto toilet flushes
    Last edited by Terry; 12-08-2009 at 04:40 PM.

I just read some of the posts regarding the Toto Drake and wanted to add that having had 2 for the last 8 months I agree with the quiet flush, effective flush, good looks, etc. I would reinforce the comment I saw only once (I'M surprised) regarding the poor bowl cleaning effectiveness of the flush. I now have to clean the bowl far more often than with the prior toilets. I just figured that this comes with the 1.6 gallon flush.
    My question is - Is the Cyclone flush more effective at cleaning the bowl??
    Also, how do I post this kind of a message?
    Goldmiester

Blog Entries

Since 1992, when the country moved to 1.6 gallons, there has been less bowl wash.
    Anything with Sanagloss will help with bowl wash.
    The Cyclone works pretty well.

Default Thanks to all!

Our half bath remodel is complete and our Toto Drake ADA toilet has been installed (including new travertine tile and mosaic instead of baseboards...this was to replace hardwood that had buckled from a leaking toilet).

The Toto Drake is wonderful (so much we bought a second one for our master bath).

Thanks for everyone's advice and for Terry for creating this forum.
    buyonsale3

Default Toto Drake

This toilet is, in my opinion, the best flushing 6 litre toilet in the market. Had one for two years, no problems, never plugged, even with big daddy usage, and never broke down. We just moved, and our current toilet, although a Toto, is not a G-Max, and flushes well, but not as well as the drake. My plan is to replace it with a drake, and also the big American standard downstairs that uses a swimming pool's worth of water to flush a pee and has plugged several times on us also. G-Max Totos are the BEST, and the Drake is the cheapest model.

Default 1.6 gps vs Sanagloss - need help

Hi folks,
    This is my first post although I've been lurking for some time reading through the entire AS Cadet 3 forum and various posts in this one. I was seriously considering getting a Cadet 3 to replace our 3 "crappy" 9 year old 1.6 GPF builder grade toilets after a friend had one installed in his townhouse a month ago and reported good results. However, after reading about the numerous "hit or miss" quality control issues and the overwhelmingly positive reviews of the Drake, I've decided to spend a little more and get the Drakes.

Here's my quandary - my preference is to get the 1.6 GPF Drakes since they've been out longer than the relatively newly designed toilets that use 1.28 GPF and I get the sense that in "general" the 1.6s may give better bowl wash (although I realize that they are still low-flow). I also really like the idea of the Sanagloss and would like to get this feature since it also seems to help with bowl wash. The problem - I need a bone colored unit for my powder room and it seems that the 1.6 Sanagloss is ONLY available in white! That will be fine for my two white toilets upstairs but I really want Sanagloss for my powder room toilet since it gets the most traffic (so to speak). I will probably get the ADA height for the powder room toilet as well and standard height for the two upstairs toilets.

So, given that my primary motivation in replacing the toilets is performance, can anybody help me figure out if it is more important to get the 1.6 GPF Drake in bone but not available with Sanagloss (please correct me if I'm wrong about this) or if it's better to get 1.28 in bone that DOES come with Sanagloss? I guess another way to ask this is:

1. Are you finding that the Sanagloss really does make a positive difference?
    2. Do you think (from personal experience or otherwise) that the 1.6 GPF Drakes perform better than the 1.28 GPF Drakes?
    3. Does anybody know if the 1.6 Drakes with Sanagloss ARE available in bone but I've somehow missed it?

Thanks to all for your valuable input and thanks to Terry for this great site!
    Cheers!
    Wired

Drake 800 grams by Veritech Video
    Last edited by Terry; 11-08-2009 at 08:49 AM.