Water Softener Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

dunkinidaho

Reaction score
Today I have a question regarding my water softener. I'm not sure I have it set correctly. It is a 40,000 gr. single stage design with 4 stages of cycling. The issue I have surrounds the time I have each stage set for. I have tried for a few years to find information on this on the net without success. It seems the industry has a muffle on the subject. There are only two people in my home and we don't drink the water as we have an RO system. We are on a well. We use K-Lite not salt. I have 1000gals set between cycles. The unit is a Fleck 5600se single backwash. Other settings are:

Iron 340000 units

Backwash 16mins.
Brine Rinse 16mins
Rapid Rinse 18mins
Brine Refill 11mins

Any assistance with this would be helpful

Thanks

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without knowing how much hardness and or iron you are trying to remove I can't tell you whether or not its set right

dunkinidaho

Reaction score
Without knowing how much hardness and or iron you are trying to remove I can't tell you whether or not its set right

Thanks for the response, I'll read you the analysis off the paper:
results units DL method reference
hardness by calculation 340000 ug/L 5000 EPA 200.8 rev 5.4

Manganese not detected

Does this help

Brian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks