What the???

Users who are viewing this thread

indyandy

Reporter
Reaction score
Helping a buddy replace his submersible pump. Have no idea how old the well or the old pump is. It is a 1/2 hp, thats about the only thing we know. The pitless adapter is not one that I am familiar with. It has an 1-1/4 hole in the center for the T handle and is the size of the well casing.In other words, it's almost like a "plug" type of pitless adapter. We got the T handle screwed in but it will not come loose. The pitless adapter has "slots" on either side. Is there a "trick" to this style or is it just being contrary? I was going to try a hydralic jack on either side of the T handle and see if that breaks it loose..............is this foolish?

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Can you take a picture of it and post it, or google for one that looks like it?

PitlessAdapter-03.gif

indyandy

Reporter
Reaction score
pitless adapt..jpgI have googled it to death and I can't find anything that looks like it. Can't get a pic of it but here is a drawing.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
There are a few that make this style, but by far the best and most common in Baker Monitor. What you have is a Baker Monitor standard pitless unit....it's unually used on heavier installations than residential. The 1.25" is where you thread the pull pipe, and gravity is the only think that is holding the unit in place (the industrial units have a hold down spider and set screws, but you would have mentioned that....check out baker monior web site). The upper casing diameter should be 7" for a 6" well (or 1 pipe size larger than th actual well casing), and the pitless unit you have drawn the top of is sort of like a spool from a hydyaulic valve that mates with a housing when it is seated. There are two o-rings on top and under where the water exits. If this was installed anything out of perfect vertical alignment, they can be difficult to install and remove. They can be hard to pull if they have been in place for a long time, by that, meaning you just have to pull hard. There are no special tricks, just pull straight. You may want to order a new set of o rings before you start this job. If this unit is on your well, it probably means you have a deep set pump, and/or heavy pump, probably steel drop pipe....you won't be able to do it by hand, and you will need a crane. This unit is expensive and a little labor intensive to install, so I doubt they would have done that for a small pump on poly. Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks