Water in the drain tube

Users who are viewing this thread

rkhanso

Reaction score
I have a greensand filter and just noticed that there is water in the drain tube. I've seen this a few times over the last 2weeks when I've checked...but can't say for sure it happens all the time. The entire hose length is filled with water. This is the drain hose from the filter, not the Potassium tank.

Not sure when the filter ran the last time. If I wiggle the hose and lift the end up/down the water will eventually drain out when I get enough air bubbles up there to replace the water and it trickles out.

I checked the end of the hose and it is NOT below the water level in the floor drain. There's at least a 2-3" air gap between the bottom of the drain hose and the water in the floor drain. There is a slight bend near the end of the hose where it gets inserted through holes in the plastic floor drain cover. Over the past 3 years, I haven't seen it do this before....so it's a fairly new thing to happen.

Should I be concerned? I'm hoping it just gets blasted out when the filter runs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks