Old Messed-up Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

luckybob343

Reaction score
I recently moved into a typical Philly duplex where most of the furnishings are original, dating back to its mid-1950s build. The master shower has a simple two valve fixture, and the hot water is leaking. A lot.

I've looked at everything visible on the shower and I have no idea as to the brand. The shower fixture itself is a ball-type, and the handles are your typical cross style. There is nothing whatsoever about these fixtures that is unique enough to suggest a make. I have no idea what to buy to fix it.

The previous owner "fixed" it several times, and in the process took a trickle and made it a stream. As I see it, I have two options:

1. Smash out the wall and learn plumbing and finish carpentry at the same time, or
2. Fill the shower full of cement and declare that bathroom a half-bath.

I am not calling a plumber. I barely make payments on my own car, so I'm not paying for someone elses BMW. I guess what I'm asking is how do I find out what kind of fixture it is and how do I fix the leak?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks