Price Pfister faucet stem replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Khayes

Reaction score
I have a faucet that is leaking under the base of the stem. I think it is an old PF but I cannot find any id to be sure. It has the really tall plastic knob handles, around 25 years old. I removed the stem cartridge and found a match at HD, a Danco 12H-6H/C. In the package with the stem is a red O-ring and what I am guessing to be a new seat. No directions are included and I have not been able to get any help on Danco's website. Can anyone give me the steps to install this stem? Is it important to replace the seat? Where is the O-ring used?
Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stem

You only have to replace the seat if the old one is scored. It should be a flat washer and it goes into the valve body before you insert the new stem. However you should make sure the old black one came out when you removed the stem.

pp-faucet-seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks