Drain line on a Fleck 7000SXT w/ 5gpm DLFC...

Users who are viewing this thread

jkats

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm currently installing a couple of water softeners with Fleck 7000 SXT valves and 3.0 cubic ft of resin (14"x65" tanks). I was advised to use 3/4" pvc for the drain lines since they use a larger DLFC (the button says "500"). However, in one of the installs, the builders of the house supplied a "drain" next to the softener loop, and it's a 1/2" copper pipe. It's a finished garage, with no other drains around that I can see, so I'd rather not have to hack into the walls. Will using this 1/2" drain cause a problem with this size softener?

Thanks!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You will be just fine. The 5 GPM is under the 8-10 FPS for 1/2" copper pipe. Larger diameter drain lines on softeners can often times reduce the systems noise slightly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks