Replacing Bathroom Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

kenmist33

Reaction score
I am about to replace my bathroom sink. It's chipped and cracked. Basically, looking it's age...almost 40!
The replacement sink is a 19" round Crane fixture, self rim, vitreous china. The old sink needs to be removed from the counter top which has a SS rim frame around the top. Think I can handle that part OK. My question is the new sink does not have a chrome ring around the drain hole which I guess is part of the old stopper assembly. Do I need to replace the old assembly (stopper/chrome ring) or will those parts install in the new sink? I plan on setting the new sink in place using the adhesive caulk around the counter and sink rim, then install the faucet assembly and plumbing connections. Does this seem like a good approach?
Ken

BobSmith

Reaction score
If you buy a new sink it will come with a new drain assembly. If you are using the old faucet, you should prpbably still buy a new drain assemply (tailpiece, p-trap). Just my humble opinion. :)

BobSmith

Reaction score
:eek: That should have read "new faucet" not sink. Hit send to quick :eek:

kenmist33

Reaction score
RE; Replacing Bathroom Sink

I did buy a new sink, but there was nothing in the box except the sink and a small tube of "adhesive caulk". Got it at Lowe's. It was a Crane sink and only cost $35. I had the Salesman open the box as I wanted to make sure the sink was in good shape. He didn't mention that anything was missing?
Ken

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks