Installing Kitchen faucet into single hole granite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thinkly

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a new Moen faucet into our granite counter top. The faucet comes with a plastic (looks like to me) gasket that sits between the faucet and the counter. The instructions say nothing about using putty or silicone, they just show the gasket. I called Moen and talked to a gal that said not to use anything but the gasket but I'm not sure where she pulled the answer out of.

Should I follow her advice or am I headed for trouble?

Here is a link to the faucet install video: http://www.moen.com/flv-embed?src=/shared/videos/kitchen_faucet_install.mp4&width=640&height=360

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The faucet normally would not require any additional sealing. The drain is what gets silicone or plumber's putty.

Thinkly

Reaction score
The faucet normally would not require any additional sealing. The drain is what gets silicone or plumber's putty.

I understand that. I have just never installed a faucet without some form of sealant around the housing/counter interface.

AlexLinus

Reaction score
Yeah, modern day faucets already come with ready to install seals with them, hence no need to worry about that. Yeah people tend to feel skeptic about it when they use it for the first time (telling this from my personal experience) but they turn out to be pretty well. Go ahead, do that pending job and have your peace of mind. I recently installed new kitchen cabinets that I purchased online from the rta store and had a very good experience doing the task which removed most of my beliefs about home improvements. Faucets are a little tricky thing but believe me it's easier done than said.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks