Dishwasher Air Gap

Users who are viewing this thread

BobSmith

Reaction score
Question for anyone:

Due to the positioning of my dishwasher, garbage disposer & drain traps, the air gap on the deck of my sink is directly behind the GD, but the drain inlet for the DW is pointing to the left.

As the 7/8ths hose from the gap to the GD is not very flexible I was wondering if there is another hose option. What I have will work, but it does fight back and I am concerned it may break the outlet on the gap. Or am I being to cautious?

BobSmith

Reaction score
Good point. This is the third "Doh", Homer moment I've had with thisproject! :eek:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
you can make 45º and 90º bends using 3/4 copper fittings. Stub an inch of copper out of each end of the ell. The 7/8" diameter is a perfect fit in the rubber hose. These fittings will have negligible effect on the flow, whereas a slight kink when making large turns in the hose is big trouble!

Dave Meers

Reaction score
You might also consider using preformed (as in curved) automotive heater hose which should be available in the diameter you need. At least you won't have to worry about kinks.

BobSmith

Reaction score
Jimbo,

I'm in Wisconsin. Are you aware of any code issues with using a 3/4 elbow? I still have a final inspection to pass. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks