Simple question. Cool Toilet. The Little Bottom Line. LBL-MA7000

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I just bought this one piece child sized toilet.
The Little Bottom Line LBL-MA7000 The Entrepreneur One Piece Children's Toilet

M 2 year old daughter saw one of these in a kids playland and immediately used it for real, so I was sold immediately.

The toilet out is 1 3/4" my waste line is 3" do I need an adapter or do I just use a wax seal and center it?

Here is a link to the diagram.
http://littlebottomline.cdn.webolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/LBL-MA7000_RoughIn2.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It looks like a standard 12" rough-in toilet. There's nothing in those drawings to suggest that you wouldn't install it the way you would any other. There are slots in the porcelain on either side of the flange where closet bolts (that secure the toilet to the floor) will go, so you're not going to do any "centering", although that will, I suppose, be the net effect of installing the toilet onto the closet bolts.

As far as I can tell, you're just going to drop the wax on the floor and drop the toilet on the wax (subject to following all the manufacturer's directions, of course).

The outlet hole is always going to be smaller than the closet flange, except maybe on the Caroma brand, which features a huge trapway. It is true that this one is a little smaller than many: The Kohler Ingenium flush uses a 2" trapway; Toto uses 2-1/8".

Presumably, the manufacturer has installation instructions for the thing. Always, and I mean always, read them thoroughly. Too many folks, especially many very-experienced folks and pros, have to start over or worse because they failed to just read the darn installation instructions.

Here are the LBL install instructions. They are less-than-detailed. However, there are no surprises in them: http://littlebottomline.cdn.webolut...12/06/Installation-Instructions-LBL-20131.pdf

A couple of tips that Terry often offers on the forum: First, if you want a nice secure installation, chuck the closet bolts that come with the thing (if they do) and get a nice set that has two washers and two nuts per bolt. Put the closet bolt where you want it, and secure it in place with one of the washers and one of the nuts. Then, when you have carefully placed the toilet on the wax and closet bolts, and have smushed it down into position, use the second washer and nut to secure the toilet to the flange. Second, most pros put the wax on the floor and drop the toilet on the wax; manufacturers are split on whether to try to apply the wax ring to the bottom of the toilet and then set it -- generally you're going to have a happier time if you just put the wax on the floor around the flange, even if the manufacturer says otherwise. Third, one wax ring (with no plastic spigot) if the top of the flange is anywhere above floor level. If below floor level, two wax rings (bottom one with no spigot, top one with a spigot) or a double-ish-thick one. (Typically, a flange installation to code mounts the flange on top of the finished floor and secures it through the flooring to the subfloor, but some builders, to save time and money, mount it on the subfloor and tile around it.) Fourth, when you caulk the toilet after installation, use Polyseamseal, rather than silicone caulk. It will be easier to remove and leave very little residue when you pull up the toilet for replacement after your child outgrows it.

Last edited:

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
Yeah. I read those instructions. They said nothing about the wax seal.

I will just use a regular wax seal. I will buy two in case it feels loose.
Thanks for the advice on the bolts. Do they have those at orange?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Probably. If not, you can always buy four identical closet bolts and move the nut and washer from two to the other two, or just get extra nuts and washers that would fit.

The instructions actually show you putting the wax ring on the bottom of the toilet. Again, you'll be happier if you put it on the floor. And as far as that goes, once you pull the old one you will know right away whether you need one or two, based on whether the flange top is above the level of the finished floor.

You don't want to wobble it to see if it feels loose, because the wax doesn't snap back; if the seal is broken, it's broken.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Set the toilet dry (without wax) first to see if it sits without rocking. If it rocks, figure where you need shims so when you add the wax, you can set it down and it's solid on the floor. If you don't have to push some the last 1/2" or so, you may need a jumbo or two wax rings - you should be able to feel the wax smush as it is molds itself to the flange and toilet making the seal.

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
It was really simple.
Since the toilet is really small it was a tiny bit tricky aligning the bolts. I had a set of break-off bolts with caps in the shed.

Cute little toilet. One piece with a nice little flush button on top.

It came with a little seat. The kids love it. My wife found out immediately that it does not flush adult poops in one flush. LOL...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks