Leaky Mueller Bathtub Faucet -- Replacement For This....

Users who are viewing this thread

Ellie Snow

Reaction score
We have an older home and i'm trying to stop the leaking coming from two locations in the bathtub:

1. the COLD faucet

2. The diverter at center when i direct it to the shower head it still streams a decent amount to the bottom faucet nozzle as well -- i would have expected it to divert 100% to the shower head. Also it leaks at the handle area.

I went ahead and replaced washers on both units and also a gold colored unit deep in the piping where the cold unit screws into to prevent it from tearing at the washer end. All good however one more problem....

The small round gold color piece (shown in below photos) is from the diverter and is used to screw into the house piping and keep the unit in place. UNFORTUNATELY i lost the matching one for the Cold unit. I've tried Household Plumbing here in London, Ontario and Home Depot but the entire assembly is too old. No replacements they say. Not even a substitute assembly. How odd. Anyone have a solution on how exactly can i screw in my Cold Unit if i the small gold round piece is missing?

From what i can read on the aluminum coverings i see the name Mueller.

The following are photos of the Cold Faucet (the smaller) and the Diverter (larger).

mueller-faucet-11.jpg

mueller-faucet-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
you should contact MasterPlumber - 18002676040. Their catalogue only shows one replacement diverter stem with bonnet for Mueller and it doesn't look like yours...does not show the bonnet for stems - stems only. might be worth a try to call them

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks