new shower in basement slab

Users who are viewing this thread

CHAPPY

Reaction score
i have buried a holding tank and run the piping to the general location of where the shower stall will be in a basment in concrete, do i just instal the ptrap where i want the center of the shower pan to be? is there any pitch/angles, besides down to the tank, that i must install before i put in the p trap? how do i connect the pan/strainer to the riser, will it be removable if the is a leak?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you are going to tile the shower pan, I suggest you go over to www.johnbridge.com lots of good tiling info there.

Ideally, the drain is in the middle of your shower floor. Once the drain runs horizontal, it should have a slope of 1/4" per foot. Also note that a shower drain should be 2". You also should have a vent line running off of the drain. It depends on the type of shower pan you use how high the drain needs to be. My unprofessional experience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks