What is correct air pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

bernprov3

Reaction score
I have a shallow well with 70 psi (of water pressure) at the pump & 45 psi of air at the Well-trol tank. The tank is approximately 10 1/2 " in diameter & approximately 42" high. What is the correct air pressure I should have at the tank?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your shallow well pump has a pressure switch with an START pressure (low) and a STOP pressure (high). You should shut off your pump, drain the water from the tank until it stops running, and then pressurize the tank to 2 or 3 psi LESS than the START (low) pressure.

You need to be sure that your air and water gauges are calibrated THE SAME or that you make allowances for that. It is absolutely essential that the air-at-empty be LESS than the pressure switch START pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks