Ox-Box, F1807, ProPex, and Sharkbite Crimper and Rings

Users who are viewing this thread

RPN

Reaction score
I am getting close to doing this re-plumbing job that has been on my list for a couple of years now.

A few rolls of AquaPex and a bunch of fittings should be here today. I have the Milwaukee ProPex tool on order.

Let's talk washing machine boxes. I have seen the Sioux Chief Ox-Box recommended. It is available in a few termination styles - one of them being F1807 Pex.

Soooo, some questions:

1. I am assuming that the ProPex rings will not provide anywhere near enough pressure on an F18097 fitting (0.492" ProPex expansion fitting size vs 0.406" F1807 size). correct?

2. I have a Sharkbite crimper and copper rings that I got to terminate some pex of unknown origin. Sharkbite (Cash Acme) claims that the tool and rings meet F1807 standards. Do you know of any issues using AquaPex (Pex-A) with ordinary copper crimp rings?

3. Is it worth it to get the Ox-Box with the built in mini-arrestors?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I tend to order the OX Box without the PEX adapters and solder on my own.
I "always" install the box with the mini-resters. A lot less wear an tear on the hoses when the washer bangs on and off.

RPN

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Should I use the normal ProPex copper stubs for the solder connection?

ETA: Or, just use a ProPex female sweat and cut a stub from some type L. That would be $2.75 each vs around $10 for ProPex stubs.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can do either the male or the female.
I normally just sweat on the males. You do have to be a bit careful when soldereing though. Too much and you can't get the plastic locking nut past it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks