Toto Eco Nexus.. thoughts? CST794EF

Users who are viewing this thread

kingofhearts

Reaction score
Hello. I'm planning to replace 5 problematic Mansfield toilets in our home with Totos. I was initially planning to replace them with Drake II 1Gs. I went in to our local showroom. To my surprise, I found the Drake too small and understated for my tastes. However, I loved the look of the Eco Nexus. It is tall, skirted and contemporary.

I searched online for reviews, and found a bunch of reviews on the Nexus 1.6G (G-max), which were all positive. I found much fewer reviews on the Eco Nexus 1.28G (E-max). I realize the Eco Nexus is the newer toilet.

My heart is set on a Nexus. I'm willing to forgo the CEFIONTECT and Dual Cyclone flush (wish Toto would put them in the Nexus :confused:), because I love its look so much. I am trying to decide whether to go with the 1.6G or 1.28G. Does anyone have any experience with Eco Nexus 1.28G? Does the E-max flush work as well as the G-max?

Please share any thoughts or experiences that you have.

Thanks!

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One of my Canadian customers comes down to the Seattle area for his WaterSense 1.28 Nexus toilets.
Like all of the TOTO line, both the 1.28 and the 1.60 work very well.

cst794_rock_2.jpg

Last edited:

kingofhearts

Reaction score
Thank you, Terry.

I live near Chicago. We have no government incentives to use 1.28G toilets over 1.6G. My Mansfields are all 1.6G. While I may save a little money long-term with a 1.28G toilet, I suspect the savings would be modest. I am more concerned about flush quality.

From your reply, it sounds like the E-max and G-max are equivalent from a flush quality standpoint. If all things are equal, I would likely choose an 1.28G Eco Nexus over a 1.6G Nexus.

My only remaining question is why is the Eco Nexus a little cheaper than the older 1.6G model? I've noticed this trend is true for several older Totos when compared to newer "Eco" models. Are there any other differences in Eco toilet design that lead to the lower cost?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO is trying to phase out the 1.6
The 1.28 and 1.6 is very similar, just a difference in tuning as far as how much water is used, which can be defeated by holding the handle down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks