Help, Toilet with unusual requirement for wall heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrick_C

Reaction score
First off I am a big man, 6'5" 280 lbs, if you know where I am getting at with this. I had my heart set on a Toto Drake, however my furnace register is behind my current toilet and I see none of the Toto toilets have the empty space under the tank that all toilets use to.

So are there any good toilets out there that have an open space under the tank?

My house was built in the 70's when the bathrooms were rather small and there is literally no other wall space for a furnace vent.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; So are there any good toilets out there that have an open space under the tank?

Lots of them, but since I am not in your area, I don't know which brands are available there. As an aside, I very seldom install Toto toilets, (about 10 in the last 60 years).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I very seldom install Toto toilets, (about 10 in the last 60 years).

But he does have the toilets that in the Monroe church they put a sign on the stalls.
Flush twice; Once before and then afterwards. So I think hj is easy to please.

The bathroom in Bellevue that I plumbed used TOTO, and we don't have those signs.
We just replaced all the toilets in the Lutheran Church in Kirkland, and they're very happy with them.

However, that being said, finding a bowl that ends quickly enough will be more of a challenge now.

The Gerber Ultraflush is short at the back wall.
http://www.gerberonline.com/downloads/specs/Toilet/21-312-SS.pdf

Not a first choice normally for replacement because of that, such a small footprint, but in your case, that's an advantage.

gerber_21302_1.jpg

Gerber Ultraflush bowl, very small footprint.
They round, elongated and ADA bowls with that small footprint.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks