Solder?

Users who are viewing this thread

White Tiger

Reaction score
What is the best type of solder to use for copper pipe and is there acertain type that should be used for soldering copper to brass? Also the best type of flux for each application. I am a do it yourself person and just wanted to know what the pro's recommend and is Mapp gas the best type of heat to use? I enjoy reading this forum as it is very informative for people like myself. Thanks for your time. :confused:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I use a hip held propane tank with a flex hose going to a turbo tip self ignighting torch. It will use Mapp gas but the turbo tip heats faster with propane than most reg tips with Mapp and the propane is less $$$, almost 3/1.

I like pretinning flux, and lower temp lead free solder (410F). Lead free solder is code on water pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks