Installing a toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

kwhitt1017

Reaction score
I am getting ready to place ceramic tile in my bathroom. Does the toilet flange sit on top of the tile or does it sit on the conc. board? If it sits on top of the tile does it have screwed into the tile?

Thanks Much!! :)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will have to drill holes through the tile so the screws and go into the subfloor. I like stainless steel for this as they last much longer than others. Drill the holes with a slightly larger diameter than the screw to prevent breaking the tile when you sink the screws.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can also put notches in the tile to line up with the holes in the flange so that you only need to go through the cbu and the subflooring when you screw it down. Much easier cutting those notches with the wetsaw than drilling if you are using something like a hard porcelain tile (unless you have access to diamond bits).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks