sewer smell in house

Users who are viewing this thread

ket

Reaction score
WE are at a total loss, I hope someone has some suggestions. WE have a winter home that we rent out. For the past 5 years, we have had complaints about a sewer smell, when the furnace comes on. WE have had a new vent pipe added out side, all traps, have been checked and re checked, we have a new furnance. 5 years ago, we did add a washing machine and a dishwasher. We have had numberous plumbers in checking the piping that was done for the washing machine and the dishwasher is a mobile one that sits idle unless it is in use. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, we are at our wits end!

ket

Reaction score
I just spoke with my rental agent, the sewer smells premuates the house, mainly when the washer is on.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Check the thread or do a search above for "well stink".

It is most likly hydrogen sulphide being released from your well water. It is harmless but smells bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks